COMMUNICATION: Communication is a two-way process to let people understand the real context of a message. It cannot be determined for just making people understand their perspective, but effective communication means to know other’s perspective as well.
TYPES OF COMMUNICATION: There are four types of communication which constitute the chain of conveying meanings and messages of a context. These four types include:
- Verbal Communication
- Non-verbal communication
- Written communication
- Oral communication
EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Effective communication is a necessary skill in today’s world to execute daily activities, especially it is required in the case of students. Students engaged in their studies; it is necessary for them to acquire practical communication skills to pass or obtain the information they require for their educational purposes. Effective communication skill is a must to have in a student for the advancement of digital media, career opportunities, and educational career. Effective communication skills help students communicate with others effectively.
Written communication plays a significant role in developing the skills of the students. Effective communication skills are of the most worth when the students are at the masters or doctoral level. A rare form of conveying information on student level is through written communication, i.e. thesis or dissertations. This dissertation plays a significant role in enhancing several skills of students, especially communication skills.
EFFECTIVE ACTIVITIES TO IMPROVE STUDENT’S COMMUNICATION SKILLS
Thinking of writing a dissertation and enhancing your communication skills may seem irrelevant. But written dissertation promotes such activities which work best to improve the communication skills of a student.
Some of the activities which work best for improving the communication skills of the students include:
- Presentation: Presentations offered by students on their dissertation enables them to unleash their confidence and potential. It allows them to present their topic with a deep understanding of the topic, which further makes them efficient to answer every question.
- Asking Open-Ended Questions: An open-ended question allows initiating a healthy discussion instead of the question in which the next person has to answer in either a yes or no statement.
- Activities targeting critical thinking: Activities that are given to students for promoting their critical thinking skills and abilities to judge their work are necessary for students.
- Discussion: Discussion is the core activity which enables a student to develop an understanding of a specific topic. It helps to take the perspective of different people on different grounds.
- Reinforce active listening: Communication is a two-way process. Communication is not about speaking; only it also involves listening and understanding to others. Activities induced by teachers in their classroom to reinforce listening activities will result in the improvement of the students.
The research studies, which are the most challenging and troublesome, includes law dissertation. The law dissertation consists of real and practical examples; also, it contains several interviews to collect data and to communicate with senior scholars to acquire knowledge related to law. The law dissertations profoundly impact the communication skills of the students throughout the process, but they are not that easy to execute as it seems. Law dissertation includes several hassles during the writing phase; hence, students may look for dissertation help services to get their several issues resolved related to dissertations.